Search the Web

Google

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Just a Quick Note

Life has become far more hectic since I retired last December. It is a bit surprising just how busy you can get when you don't have a job. I had visions of sleeping late, sitting by the pool with a good book, having a good meal with a glass of wine, staying up too late. Actually, I must admit that I have done all of those things since I retired, but only on a very few occasions. Fortunately I have been very busy with projects around the house and traveling with family, so that other boring lifestyle I dreamed of after retirement hasn't plagued me yet. One thing I do regret is that I haven't found time to keep in touch or to keep this blog up to date like I had hoped. But it is very important to me to thank all of you for your emails and comments. I'm surprised how many of you will email me but are too ...shy to comment on the blog for others to see.
We just returned from the first two-week vacation we've taken in our 37 years of marriage. It was lovely, but I'm happy to sleep in my own bed. I will now be able to schedule some writing time I hope, so I look forward to hearing from you. Keep in touch, subscribe to the RSS feed, and let me know what's on your mind.

No comments: