Search the Web

Google

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Stevia

If you have personally used Stevia in any form as a sugar substitute, please tell us about it here. How long have you used it? In what form (powder, liquid.)? Did you notice a taste difference? Will you continue to use it? Do you cook or bake with it? Do family members notice?

This is the sort of information we hope to be able to share on this blog. Stevia has been around for quite awhile, but only recently found it's way into the grocery stores. What do we know about long-term use? Is it a viable sugar substitute for diabetics?

Just post your comments by clicking on the comment link below.

3 comments:

Michele said...

I've been using stevia for quite sometime and love it. I've done my homework and found out it is the best product for diabetics and overall it had wonderful medicinal benefits. Not to mention, it's great that it's the only non caloric natural sweetener on the market that doesn't have any negative side effects! Some of my friends prefer the flavored stevia over the packets but I've found that either form by the SweetLeaf brand is just as good. The flavors are great for making natural, sugar free sodas. Can you tell I'm a huge fan?

Anonymous said...

I have been using Stevia for about 2 years now and have cut sugar and artificial sweetners from my diet completely. I prefer to use this all natural sweetner instead of ones that have chemicals in them. I love to use the flavored liquid Stevia in my recipes and to flavor my water. I just think it is a great product!

Jack said...

Thanks Shelly and Anonymous. This is the sort of input that I hope we can build for this blog. There is a lot of hype and confusion about so many nutritional supplements that hearing from real people and their experiences can help clear the air.