Search the Web

Google

Thursday, November 8, 2007

If not today, when?

I've heard folks say things like "I'm going to quit smoking", or "I need to lose a few pounds", or "I'm going to start exercising more". The problem is that talking and doing are not necessarily connected. It might feel good to say these things. It might make you feel better to have such good intentions. It might even be a great conversation starter, since lots of people have the same good intentions. My question for you today is, if it is something GOOD for you, what exactly are you waiting for? Each day has 24 hours for us to spend or waste, just like money. Each of those hours will go by and disappear forever, no matter what you may have intended. Today is the perfect day to DO something. Take the first step. If you know you should lose a few pounds and you want to lose a few pounds, then today, do something about it. And tomorrow do something else about it. You probably don't need anyone to tell you WHAT to do. You just need to tell yourself to DO it. Ask yourself each morning "What can I do today that will take me closer to my important goals?" Then go do it. Can you lose 30 pounds today? No. But you can make choices today that will bring that goal closer. Skip the cream cheese on your bagel this morning and feel good about yourself all day!

No comments: